Form Builder - Creating a Form and Document Type Based Off Conditional Variables
Creating a Form and Document Type Based Off Conditional Variables
At times you will want to create a document that is responsive to variables beyond our systems flow. An example would be a Sickle Cell Waiver, all Incoming Athletes and Transfer Athletes will need to complete said document, but Returning Athletes would not need to complete.
- At the top of the form insert your conditional variables in a “Select Box”, take special note of the “Value” for each as you will have to set a conditional off its formatted text
- Once the determining conditional variables are set you can populate your form off them. First drag and drop a Panel or Well over to the document and set the conditional. Here I will set the conditional for if the Athlete selected “Returning Athlete” and what I want them to complete will be built within this Well
- Next I will add what I want to populate for my returning athlete in the well. A “Select Box Component” will be added where the Returning Athlete can select if they want to update their form or not, again taking note of the value for “I wish to make changes to my previous Sickle Cell Waiver”
- In a new panel I now set the conditional for “I wish to make changes to my previous Sickle Cell Waiver” and its contents.
- The last component to build is what will populate if the athlete selects “Incoming/Transfer Athlete”. Insert a Panel or Well with the Conditionals set appropriately. Once completed fill the Panel/Well with the proper content.
- Select “Save Form”. Next you will need to create a document type.
End-view Based Off Conditional:
Initial view of form:
Returning Athlete with no Edit:
Returning Athlete with Request to Edit: