Creating A Document Type
How to Create / Assign a Document
This tutorial will walk you through how to create a new document type for your account that can be assigned to an Athlete / Patient profile.
Your account will automatically populate with the SCAT-5, VOMS, and Concussion Symptom Checklist, and Informed Consent for Telehealth Services to be available to providers only.
Please Note: Terminology is different based on your setting, for example, a clinical setting uses Care Group as Organizations, Patient instead of Athlete, and Visits instead of Treatment, lastly Problems instead of Injuries, but the steps are still the same.
- On “documents” on the left side of your screen
- Click “add a new document type”
- Type in the name of the document you are adding
- Type in any instructions for how to complete the document
- Select an existing/created Form, upload your own document, or skip this section (this applies with something like an insurance card)
- Select whether the document is required or not, if the document requires review and approval after uploading, and set a default expiration date if desired.
Signatures created on the form builder can now be "Required". If you are placing signatures on your document we still suggest when creating your document type to select "Require review and approval after upload" to ensure a signed document by all parties.
If you intend to update your documents annually be sure to set an expiration date. To learn more read: Managing Documents: Year 2 and Beyond
If you intend to have your document become a reoccurring document, select required and always set an expiration date. Expirations will start pushing 30 days prior to the set date.
- If the document needs to be reviewed and approved, now choose who can review and approve the document
- Select if you want reminder notifications sent to the primary account owner when this document is missing or expired/expiring
- Set the frequency and quantity of those reminder notifications
- Now select who can add this type of document (if this is a document athletes are required to fill out, you will want to allow everyone to add this type of document)
- Assign the document to any organization you want
- Click “Save Document Type”